what are clogged pores
Clogged pores means dead skin cells being trapped under your skin without getting out. Pores are tiny holes on your skin which will let the sweat or bacteria go out. If those pores are clogged then it will result in blackheads / whiteheads / Acne formation.
Acne. It’s a problem that can afflict anyone at many different stages of life. Regardless of what stage you’re in, if you’re suffering with acne you’re likely doing whatever you can to keep it to a minimum or eliminate it forever. Creams, washes, toners, scrubs, strips, even prescription medications–no matter what combination of these and more that you’ve tried, it’s likely that the main culprit behind your skin problems and acne is clogged pores. So now what? Let’s explore, because there are many factors that join forces with the clogged pores that create the imperfect storm playing out on your face.
What is my skin type & my pore size
First of all, get to know your skin type. There are many different types of skin and its behaviors. Your skin type definitely plays a role in problem skin. There are four main types of skin and any of these types can be sensitive or hormonal and the pore size can vary:
Your type of skin can often be a dynamic thing. Just because you have oily skin in the summer doesn’t mean that it can’t be dry skin in the winter. Our bodies are always changing, and our skin is no different. When you’re dealing with problem skin, it helps to pay attention and give your skin what it needs in the moment and not what some article in a magazine characterized your skin as after you answered a few questions.
Bigger is not always better. And when it comes to your pore size, bigger pores often mean more chances for more clogging to occur. Pores are those small openings in your skin that allow your glands to secrete oil and sweat. Whether it’s from dirt, oil, dead skin cells or other environmental stuff, clogged pores are one way to definitely get the acne ball rolling. Pores are very efficient at getting rid of the junk, but they also have an uncanny knack for attracting dirt and other microscopic gnarly stuff.
Causes of clogged pores
- Excess Oil production / Sweat that is produced can always be the reason for clogged pores. So make sure to clean your face with a hot water dipped towel / take a steamy bath / a sauna which will help you open more pores so that it won’t get clogged.
- Make sure to remove the makeup and then go to sleep else the chemicals used in the makeup may form clogged pores and you might get acne / blackheads.
How to get rid of clogged pores
Here’s what you really came for, some solutions to your clogged pores and problem skin. Some solutions may seem overly simple and others may require a bit more effort and dedication. Keep in mind that your skin is as unique as your DNA and whatever you choose to do needs to follow that fact.
- Make sure you drink enough water. No matter what your skin type, every living body has a need for water.
- See a dermatologist. They can help guide you and help you create a unique to you solution.
- Wash your face at least twice a day to keep your pores free from clogging debris.
- Use a mask, scrub or peel once a week to dig deep and get whatever you regular cleanser may have missed.
Home remedies for clogged pores
These are the simple home remedies which we neglect, but doing them regularly can reduce the blockage and acne.
- Having a daily routine is a must. Take a 10 minute steam before you go to bathe. Steam will help you open more pores. Write a moisturizer / face oil before you take a steam as taking steam regularly can dry your face.
- Being in the office with Air conditioning all the time, can also stop your sweat so that it buckles up inside and can also form acne. So wash your face with plain water regularly.
- Make sure to use a peel off mask every weekend. If you find it being more chemical, you can use natural fruits like papaya and rub it over your face and leave it for 20 mins and let it dry. Then clean it off with cool water. It will remove all the dirt accumulated on your face.
- Make sure to remove your make up completely when you get to home / before going to bed
- Wash your face before going to bed so that any minute accumulation will also not be formed.
Just because you have clogged pores and acne right now, rest assured you don’t have to keep it for the rest of your days. There are things you can do to get your skin on your side. And remember that stressing out over your skin isn’t doing much to help either. Take your time and figure out what works for you.
D.I.Y. Face Scrub to unclog pores
- If your skin is oily then this scrub is just wonderful to unclog your pores. Take two spoons of brown sugar and a tablespoon of lemon zest. Later, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it well. Apply this scrub on your face and exfoliate for 3 – 4 mins and wash it off with cold water. This face scrub can be applied 2 to 3 times in a week for better results.
- If you have normal / dry skin then try this face scrub. Add a tablespoon of baking soda with a spoon of green tea leaves / a tea bag. Make it into a paste by adding some olive oil. Later apply this scrub and exfoliate for 3 mins and rinse it off with warm water.
- It’s a well known scrub. Take a 2 tablespoon of fuller’s earth ( Multhan Mud ) and a spoon of rose water to it and make it into a fine paste. Later apply it to your face and leave it for 30 mins / just let it dry. Later rinse it off with some warm water. This scrub not only unclog your pores but also helps you to tighten skin on your face & neck. clogged pores